Thursday, January 6, 2011

Firework Fail

Hi, 


So, I feel really embarrassed by how terrible my firework photos are, but I'm willing to share.  These are way over exposed. =(  I wish I used my telephoto lens too.  It was just too far away.  I didn't know.  =(  I needed to be higher up too to get a better angle and more stuff in the foreground to add visual interest.  Remember for the future...stomp down on the aperture f/11.  



Canon EOS Rebel T2i with Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens f/3.5-5.6
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1.0 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Focal Length: 55mm

Cool: 
- Multiple bursts

Bad:
- Smoke
- Blur
- Over exposure
- Shot composition
- Stupid overly wide angle with nothing to look at

Another photo, this is one of the few portraits I have where someone actually didn't mind taking there photo and agreed to have it posted on a blog.  This is my coworker, Matt.  

Canon EOS Rebel T2i with Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/125 sec
Aperture: 1.4
Focal Length: 50mm

Good:
- the Bokeh!
- I like where he is situated in the photo
- I like how he is looking up into the photo (I think looking down at people make them look skinnier -- less chinny)

Bad: 
- I wish I had a reflector to get rid of some of the shadow on the left
- Wish the work lights weren't so harsh, reflection off forehead and nose are a bit strong.  
- Matt, what is up with the mess on your desk?

That's all for now.  


Next time...blurry/dark/overexposed scared cat photos.  I know I'm looking forward to that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment