Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Falling Down the Aperture Hole

Hi,

So I started this blog, because I wanted to chronicle the things I learned I liked and I didn't like in photography, the mistakes I personally made, the aesthetics that I like, books, links, whatever for myself.  So that hopefully in a year, I can look back and say well, good job n00b, another one bites the dust.

There's a "thing" that people do on photo blogs, it's called photo 365, where you take a picture everyday for a year and you post about it.  Well, I'm not going to lie to myself and say I'm going to do that because well, I know me and I won't.  But, anyways, this is me and why I'm here.  If you are a noob too, and want to read for hints or tips or what not to do's great.  If you want to share your photos with me, please do!  I love seeing other people's work.  I love seeing their aesthetic.  That's probably a huge motivation for me, if people want to share with me their stuff.  I'd be honored!

Anywho, this is where I came from.  It's a sample of photos I've taken since 2007 with my point and shoot, a Canon S500 Digital Elph:
http://picasaweb.google.com/8leung8/Favorites#

This is where I started, when I first got my Canon EOS Rebel T2i Digital SLR, my first SLR last month December 7th.
http://picasaweb.google.com/8leung8/CanonRebelT2i#

Things I want to blog about so I'll remember for later:
- Links I like so far for learning
- Fireworks Failure at Disneyland (let's just say epic fail, and I'll tell you why later)

I think that's it.  *phew* first blog over...and now, I'm super late for work, like always!

Oh, and since this is a photo blog, I guess I should actually link a photo.  Hmm...so many to choose from.


Cloudy/Rainy day in Downtown Manhattan Beach, Ca.
Canon EOS Rebel T2i with Canon EF-S 18-55mm lens f/3.5-5.6
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/50 sec
Aperture: 5.0

Edited color saturation in Picasa, just to make the colors pop more. 

Likes:
- Colors next to Grey
- Old toy cars next to weathered wood
- Shelf lines and window sill draw eye down row of cars

Dislikes:

- Reflection of the sill in the window

What do you think? Likes? Dislikes (feel free to criticize/give opinion, it's the only way I'll get better)? Thoughts on how to get rid of glare like that in a photo?

No comments:

Post a Comment