Sunday, January 16, 2011

Baby Things and Babies

The last few days have been wrapped in pink and brown cuteness as a friend is having a baby.  In the course of her baby shower, I was able (and people put up with!) me taking hundreds (and I do mean literally hundreds of photos).  Anywho, here is one of my favorites.  It's actually taken at the Target.  I was tempted to buy such beast (it was in the dollar bin), but what would one do with a bright pink elephant?  I don't know.
Camera: Canon
Model: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
ISO: 6400
Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: 1.4
Focal Length: 50mm
Flash Used: No
Lesson: Every once in a while, check your settings, accidently setting your ISO 6400 and running around taking more pictures is not good. 


This is another Target find. Mental note to future self, if you ever get bored on a rainy day and want to shoot, hit up a really nice mall or store in a nice area where people won't mind you taking pictures.  Great way to get things and people to take photos of.


Camera: Canon
Model: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
ISO: 6400
Exposure: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 1.4
Focal Length: 50mm
Flash Used: No
Latitude: n/a
Longitude: n/a
Lesson: Same as before, more noticeable here.  Thinking about making this photo black and white, the colors add nothing are nothing but distracting.  What do you think? 


I found these baby shoes to be adorable and so I took a picture of them at the Target.

These are pictures I took of a cute baby girl that came by before/after the baby shower with her pop pop.  This is total use of "fill the frame" photography.


Camera: Canon
Model: Canon EOS REBEL T2i
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
ISO: 125
Exposure: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 1.4
Focal Length: 50mm
Flash Used: No
Lesson: Laughing at kids gets them to laugh, smiling and big eyes, they mimic that.  Tickling works wonders. 


She is adorably cute.  I have more pictures of her laughing, playing with her tongue and hiding behind her mom's shoulder, but this one got through the first wave of processing.


I'll be back to add in the info on my settings.  I pretty much used my generous brother's prime the whole time.  I'm obsessed with short DOF.  (He let me borrow this lens).  Lots of fun, but now I know why shooting for a wedding would be stressful.  Ha!


Anywho, I have another 500 photos to short through from the last few days, some homework, some climbing and well that pesky thing called work so hopefully will blog with more brown and pink photos later.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Anne! I'm so NOT amazing. But I do find joy in it. =) Thanks again for letting me take pictures.

    ReplyDelete